Sunday, January 8, 2012

So many resources... here are three I'm following.



The Road to Learning blog shares the experiences of an Instructional Designer from the perspective of emerging technology.  As an Instructional Designer in the education field, it is helpful to read posts by those who have been designing instruction for the private sector and who have had vast experience with online learning.  In my current position, I am most interested in the “blended” classroom model, where a teacher incorporates online learning tools to engage students and extend the learning past the traditional educational model.  This blog will have information I can use in my career as well as providing a network of professionals to connect with for further professional growth.

           
            The Instructional Design and Development blog runs with professionals from the Faculty Instructional Technology Services department from DePaul University.  The unique thing about the blog is that it is co-authored by several members of the group, all of whom share their learning as they assist the faculty in technology integration.  For many years, Instructional Designers have served in the higher education realm to assist professors in bringing content to students.  That model was the inspiration for the creation of my current title in the district I serve.  This blog will share multiple perspectives on instructional design that I will be able to apply to my current situation.


           
            Cathy Moore’s blog has interesting posts that mirror some of the same issues that have come up in my experience as a professional developer and technology coach.  Her approach is fresh, simple, and conversational.  Her addition of posts from other sites enriches her writings and helps me to see in a few paragraphs some common information across the Instructional Designer’s landscape.
Currently using iGoogle to keep up with blogs, zite is also handy on the iPad.

These blogs are a sampling of ones I have bookmarked and added to my iGoogle page.  Soon, I will be adding the blogs of my fellow scholars at Walden University and I look forward to the communal chronicling of our learning and growth through our current Master’s program now and going forward into our careers as designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment